It’s Christmas week, and we’ve no doubt the festivities are already well underway for some of you! Lot’s of partying, lot’s of food, lot’s of sitting around watching the Christmas telly might have you concerned about staying on track and keeping to your fitness goals over the Christmas & New Year period.
We’re here with a few pointers that will help you stay on track if you’re worried about destroying your hard work:
- Drink Plenty Of Water – Try to drink a glass of water between alcohol.
- Don’t Overflow Your Plate – Try to keep an eye on portion size – maybe 3 pigs in blankets instead of 5 for example.
- Walk As Often You Can – Get up and get those legs moving! Just a 30 minute stroll can help you feel energised.
- Keep To Regular Eating Times – When possible of course. You don’t need to reschedule your Christmas Dinner!
- Eat Plenty Of Vegetables – Make sure you’re having your roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onions and yes… sprouts too.
- Donate Any Abundant Snacks – If you feel you have more than enough chocolate or biscuits from Santa, you can’t go wrong donating them to a great cause like your local hospice, children’s home or retirement home.
- LAUGH! – Yes, laughing is great for you! Spread that Christmas cheer with a little laughter this Christmas!
- Don’t Stress Over Fitness Plan Mishaps – It’s not the end of the world if you miss a workout or eat a little off-plan. At the end of the day, it’s Christmas!
Most importantly, we hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We’ll see you on the other side, when we’ll be ready and raring to kick start the new year (and decade!) the right way!